Sunday, July 10, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 116

1. Gave another teacher patriotic stickers to use in her classroom
               I openly admit that in the past I haven't been really friendly or nice to this particular teacher. There is something about her that rubs me the wrong way - and anyone that knows me knows that I don't like to be touch. Anyway, in order to be a better person, I need to learn how to tolerate and be friendly towards those that I have an issue with. Ok, maybe that is not the best way to phrase that thought - but it is all I got for right now. So while I dropped off something for her the other day, I noticed that she has this really cool picture of the US flag on her chalkboard. I asked her about it and started talking to me about how important she felt that students need to honor the flag and everything that it stands for. So while I was at the store the other day, I saw these stickers and immediately thought of her. First, what teacher doesn't like or use stickers - regardless of the grade level. Yes, middle school students like getting stickers on their paper just as much as kindergartners! Secondly, they were pictures of the flag. A perfect gift.

2. Bought and gave other teachers holiday cards for a project
            So the Chorus and the Tech Ed teacher always do this project every year around this time - prior to the mad rush of the holiday season. They gather up various holiday cards, have various students sign them, and then mail them to the military all over the world. It is a beautiful and very heartwarming project. I had to do something to help their efforts and this time of the year you can start getting good deals on holiday stuff.

3. Bought and gave good luck presents
            So there are three of us teachers that will be traveling tomorrow to the National Middle School Association Conference in Baltimore, MD. We were selected to make presentations at this major conference - really an honor that I know that I am very grateful to enjoy. Anyway, the one teacher talked about how he is a bit nervous even though that he says that he has everything ready - well, physically - but emotionally he says that he needs a few more days. The other teacher is not only doing a presentation about technology use in the classroom, but she is also in charge of putting together the multimedia art show. She says that her presentation is ready, but she needs more time for the art show. Both seem a little stressed and of need of some encouragement and comfort - just in time for some good luck treats.

4. Cleaned up refreshments from this morning in-service meeting
              Yes, another professional development day - but today it is meetings at our home school.

5. Gathered up excess presentation paperwork for visitors at our school
            So my Principal had this brilliant idea of letting those who are going to present at NMSA do a mock presentation for our entire faculty. This way, it gives us that are presenting a final dress rehearsal before we travel and present for real. Brilliant decision! Anyway, another school who has a presenter heard about this and asked if they could present to our faculty as well. They did a great job and I learned a couple of things from them in regards to teacher/student meetings. As they were gathering things up to leave - I noticed that they missed a whole stack of papers that went along to their presentation. Quickly, I gathered things up and raced out to delivery them before they left - feeewwwhhh!

6. Bought coffee for the person behind me-
               Just because

7. Made cookies for son's preschool class
            Today it was "National Cookie Monster Day!" Again, his teacher is so nice and wonderful. I wonderful how much I would need to pay her to continue with him to elementary school? By the way, yes the cookies were chocolate chip.

8. Shared my lunch with another teacher who didn't have any
            So in an earlier penny I talked about there was a teacher who was both presenting and putting together a multi-media art show. Well, this teacher was so stressed about getting this done prior to leaving tomorrow that she completely forgot to pack her lunch. So I simple shared mind with her and also helped her put the final touches on both of her presentations. They look amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment