Monday, July 11, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 120

1. Helped facilitate another person's presentation session
              So I was really only contracted to help with 1 other session, but I heard that the organizers were having difficulty in finding people to help - so I volunteer to facilitate an extra session. It was about using technology in the classroom, which I was already planning to attend. This way I can also help out another person while learning.

2. Got my roommate her favorite soda
           Today was her day to present and I just wanted to get her something a little extra to show her that I cared and was wishing her extra luck.

3. Wiped down and sterilize the workout room benches
             Just wanted to clean up the area for others

4. Advised another participant to apply for next year's conference
            So I was getting my own paperwork application for next year's conference when another teacher came beside me and started to ask questions. I guess my name badge really did hold a lot of power :-) Anyway, this particular person just looked at the information and started to move on without taking any paperwork. I stopped her and asked her why not? I then told her to think of her best lesson plan or unit and just submit the idea - no hurt in trying. She smiled and said thank you. I don't know if she ended up submitting anything - I hope so.

5. Shared my lunch with another co-worker
           She was too busy in setting up for her presentation. So I bought some extra items knowing what she liked to eat. Once she was able to have a little bit of breathing time before she started, she was appreciative that I thought of her and sat and ate a little something. By the way - she did an amazing job!

No comments:

Post a Comment