Tuesday, July 5, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 109

1. Gave another staff member a "Congratulations" card
            This other staff member just found out that she is going to have another grandchild later on this school year. It was really wonderful to watch her spread the news. I mean, she already has 5 other grandchildren, but she was as giddy as if it was going to be her first. Really nice to see her happy and just wanted to share my congrats with her on the exciting news!

2. Placed snack recipe cards in another teacher's mailbox to use with her students
           One of the aspects of this particular teacher's job is to work with her students in a regular on going cooking unit. I over heard her talking about how she was getting tired of making the same things with the students. So when I was grocery shopping this weekend and noticed that there were some free recipe cards at the end of the baking isle - I gathered a few of them together - knowing that this would help her out. I don't know if she can use these cards verbatim, but it make bring about some yummy inspiration.

3. Wrote a thank you card to the special guest dance teacher from last week
          I really owe this particular parent a lot of thanks - more than what any card could ever hold. However, I did get a card and asked all of my students to write a little message and their name. I want them to learn that showing appreciation should be automatic. I also bought a separate card and wrote about my own appreciation in her giving her time and talents to my students.

4. Bought extra candy for son's school Halloween party
          We were only required to buy/bring 1 bag of candy. However, I know that there are some parents that were not able to do this for whatever reason - ran late at work, couldn't afford, didn't want to, etc. So I bought a couple of extra bags. Besides everything is going to directly to the kids. Wait - what did I just do - did I just buy extra candy that my son is going to bring home? Ugh! :-)

5. Served refreshments to other children at son's party
           So I noticed that the 'cook' was having difficulty in keeping up with both serving the punch and snacks. I jumped right in and started to dish out the drinks while she just kept up with the food. It was easy to help and she was appreciative.

No comments:

Post a Comment