Sunday, July 3, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 101

1. Gave a cup of various chocolate candies to a custodian
              So the lead custodian during the day time at my school, really loves chocolate - of any kind in any type of way. She has seemed a little down lately, so I hope that his Halloween cup and treats will put a little more spook back in her step.

2. Gave a white memo message board to another teacher
             So I overheard another teacher in my area say that he really wanted a simple memo board to have to hang on his class door. This way he can write saying if he is available to any student that wanted to see him - before the come into his room. This particular teacher works with those students who are on the list as drop outs, so sometimes he is out of his area making home visits or checking up on particular students while they are in class. I knew the exact place where I could easily buy him one of these items. I did and he was very thankful.

3. Held the door open for several students and adults at today's fire drill
             The best thing about fire drills is the unpredictable predictability of the event. It is like, you know it is going to happen - but when? Anyway, as we were heading back into school - I just grabbed the one door and held it open for all to go back to regular class & work.

4. Held the door open for several students and adults within the cafeteria
              I don't know if I felt like a doorman today - but this is something easy and simple to do for others - especially if they are carrying something or have food in their hands.

5. Brought in extra coffee cups and treats for a special visitor
             Today we had a special visitor from Argentina, he is a principal for many schools in his area - Cordoba. I can speak only a limited amount of Spanish, but really wanted to make this educator feel welcome within our school. The best way I know how is by drink and food - or in my world coffee and pastries. He gets to visit our area for the next 3 weeks. What an amazing opportunity to both him and us!

No comments:

Post a Comment