Saturday, July 2, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 99

1. Took pictures for other families at the pumpkin patch
             So one of my favorite things to do every fall with my son is to go the the near pumpkin patch farm. There are 3 huge fields of pumpkins to choose from and another huge field of play equipment for the kids to play on of various ages. This is such a wonderful place to visit every year and my son enjoys it so much. There is even a really wonderful hayride that you can do in order to get to the far pumpkin field. So while we were riding this ride and of course sneezing all the way (fall allergies), I noticed there there was a mother near by taking pictures of her 4 kids. I simply went over and offered to take a picture of her entire family. She was so happy and jumped right in the middle of her kids. Afterwards, she told me that she rarely has any pictures of her with her kids - just basically her kids.

Note: If you are ever on an outing and notice the same thing, make the offer - mommies like to be in pictures too!

2. Let another customer go in front of me at the pumpkin check out line
           They had a small child with them that was obviously getting tired and ready for their afternoon nap. I miss these days, not the cranky child - but the afternoon nap. I had some extra time and was happy to help.

3. Bought an elderly neighbor an Amish recipe book
           So a near and dear wonderful neighbor loves to bake - but the good old fashion way. You know, with recipes of ingredients that don't exist anymore. And of course without anything that involves an electrical plug or outlet. So when I saw this book on sale at the pumpkin farm, I instantly thought of her.

4. Picked up a baby toy that was left on the sidewalk
            So on my afternoon dog walk, we passed a house that a baby toy was accidentally left. I just simply picked it up and put in on the nearest porch. I hope that it got back to the right owners. If not, I hope that the new owners enjoy the new toy.

5. Picked up groceries that fell out of someone else's cart
             I've done this a couple of times - where I am pushing a cart around the store and thinking that my groceries are staying put. Little did I know, they too were trying to escape. So when I got up to the register, what I thought was there really wasn't. So when I saw this starting to happen to another customer, I just simply put the groceries back in the cart. Ha,ha - they tried, but their plan was not successful!

No comments:

Post a Comment