Friday, July 1, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 97

1. Gave a winter snowman decoration to another teacher
             There is a fabulous ELA teacher in my building that does so much for my school. She heads the Foriegn Language Magnet program, the Spelling Bee for her grade, the after school Knowledge Master's club, and so much more. So when I dropped something off to her classroom the other day, I noticed that she was starting to put out her little snowmen figurines. I asked if it was too soon since it was only October, but she said no because the first frost was coming this week in our area. She was right - like normal. The first frost came that night and when I saw this little snowman decoration - I knew that his family was in her room waiting for him.

2. Gave another teacher extra hand lotion
            So the wonderful art teacher that was able to have the artist in resident at my school is finishing up her clay activity soon with her students. She mention to me at a meeting earlier this morning that her hands are getting so dry and cracked because of the clay. I had an extra bottle of sample lotion that I couldn't use because it wasn't hypoallergenic - so I gave her it. She needed it more than it sitting on my desk anyway. I was happy to help.

3. Wrote a "Nice Job" note to the chorus teacher for a previous nights concert
            So being a music teacher we have these annual "All County" concerts, where we select really top notch music students throughout the county to participate in a special concert. It takes a lot of extra time of our own that many people don't realize that we provide with limited pay - if any. So the All County Chorus concert was last night. It was really good to see so many of the students involved being from my school. I was proud of them, but really thankful for the chorus teacher for helping and providing them this opportunity.

4. Wrote a "Thank You" note to another teacher who helped me fix a broken instrument
           So the other band teacher at my school is an amazing instrument repair person. I normally save a lot of money because he can fix a lot of simple problems. I know when an instrument is truly broken - he just shakes his head and gives me that 'it's bad' look. So he helped me earlier today fix a flute that the keys weren't covering the holes correctly. For me, it would have been a very long process - but for him he had it done in less than 10 minutes. Amazing!

5. Held the door open in the rain for other teachers
            There is something about when it rains in the fall compared to when it rains in the spring. I know that rain is rain - but it seems to cooler and slow everything down in the fall. Anyway, I didn't want these teachers to have to wait outside in the rain before the door was able to buzz them in. It was an easy gesture to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment