Thursday, July 28, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 128

1. Picked up trash on walk with dog
              An endless task. Always there. Always will be.

2. Wrote encouraging note to church organist
           She was frustrated with other musicians and singers not showing up for performances. Being a music teacher, I feel this pain personally too on a performance by performance level. She is a really sweet person - so I was happy to write her a note. And for those music buffs out there - yes, it was an eighth.

3. Bought snacks for another church singer
               I often sing duets with another person at church who recently got a new teaching job. I over heard her making the comment the other day that she rarely has time in her schedule now for a normal lunch - it has now turned into a grab and go - welcome to teaching! So I got her a box of protein Special K bars. I love these things and often eat them for breakfast at school - like I said "Grab n Go."

4. Set up coffee snacks for another person
            I just simply set up everything for another person so that they could enjoy more of the service before they had to report to after service duty.

5. Sanitize shopping carts for others
             Those wipes that you see at the doors where they have the carts lined up - yes, just wipe down the handlebars of a couple carts - not just yours. If everyone did this, just think of how cleaning life would be!

No comments:

Post a Comment