Monday, July 11, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 119

1. Was extremely quiet in getting ready to work out so that I did not bother roommate
                 I didn't want to bother her - she seemed so peaceful sleeping - so I got ready in the dark and tried to be as quiet as possible. It was nice to let her sleep in because I know that lately she was having some late nights in getting everything ready for this convention.

2. Cleaned up ear phones in the workout room
              So there was this pair of ear phones that were used and just laying their on the counter. I'm pretty sure that they were accidentally not put in the used basket - so this was an easy clean up.

3. Picked up trash in food court area
               Threw away excess napkins, plates, straw wrappers, etc. The bits and pieces of life that are discarded and forgotten.

4. Let another woman go ahead of me in the bathroom line
              I had an extra 5 minutes to spare, while she seemed like she needed to go quickly in order to make her next session on time. I still don't understand why there are never enough of bathrooms for women. I mean it physically takes us longer and scientifically we go twice as much as men - but yet, there is the same amount for both facilities. If I were to change anything in any given building, it would be to provide more bathroom facilities for women.

5. Passed along information about a famous BaltimoreTower - Bromo-Seltzer Tower
             So I really owe this penny to a really close friend of mine to actually shared with me the information that I shared with another group of people. There is this beautiful clock tower close to the center of the Inner Harbor and at night it is all light up with blue and purple lights - it is an amazing sight. It is named after the antacid company and even has the name on the face of the clock. So anyway, I was walking back from one of my sessions to my hotel room - which is right beside the tower - and noticed that there were a group of people looking at it. I overheard them asking each other if they knew what it was - my perfect opportunity to put on my teacher hat and share my knowledge that I learned the night before from my really wonderful friend. No matter where I go and what trip I am on - I always have my teacher hat with me.

6. Gave directions to another presenter about where to find her hotel from the Convention Center
              So I am horrible with directions and in naming streets. I have lived in my hometown for the past 31 years of my life (I'm getting close to 33 years) and still can't tell you how to get to my house using street names. The only way that I can really give good directions is to focus on locations - such as, turn right at the library. Thankfully, this other woman understood my direction giving with locations. I was just happy with the fact that I knew where her hotel was - giving her the directions was just the icing on the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment