Tuesday, July 5, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 110

1. Gave a teacher a bookmark of her favorite Bible passage
                 So I have a teacher friend who asked me awhile ago about this passage from the Bible - 2 Corinthians - the one that is about "Love is patient, etc." Anyway, she said that she really likes this passage and wants to do something with it to surprise her husband for their anniversary. So I was at the Christian Bookstore the other day because a new Rob Bell book was announced and I wanted to get some more information. So as I was leaving the store, I noticed that they had a container of bookmarks and on top was this Bible passage. I thought of her instantly!

2. Cleaned up and put away materials from previous night's event
            Last night was a parade - a very late night. Sorry about being grumpy. Anyway, I am only an assistant and just help out where ever needed during the actual parade. So this morning when I got to school, I was a little surprised to see the auditorium a bit disheveled. Some missed placed gloves, a hat box here and there, the chairs were in clusters as oppose to lines etc. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, however we have morning bus duty in the auditorium - so things needed to be straighten up prior to the first bus dropping off.

3. Helped another student finish his test during my planning period
           There are many teachers in my building that regard their planning period as sacred time. I figure that I am always on call - whenever a student needed me. Today was the case. Even though I was tired from the previous night - this student needed me to read his test so that he could finish.

4. Stood in the middle of the walk way for another woman to pass with her small child
           Drivers, please stop your vehicle to let people cross the path in front of the store. Please also be patient when a parent is walking with their child. Yes, I know that it may stall you an extra minute - but showing this respect is so crucial.

5. Gave and share my dinner with a hungry student
            So teenage boys constantly eat. This particular student had a little something for dinner, but kept telling me that he was still so hungry. I believe that it was because he had basketball practice before he showed up tonight - oh, another parade - tis the season of Fall Halloween Parade. So, I shared the majority of mine with him. It was ok, I can't eat a lot and ride a bus anyway - motion sickness sometimes. Besides, he was going to be carrying a heavy drum and march - me, I was only going to walk along beside him.

No comments:

Post a Comment