Saturday, July 9, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 114

Happy Halloween!

1. Cleaned up a Jack-o-latern activity during Sunday School Sermon from the other children.
                Ok, so I am very much done with touch the 'inners' of a pumpkin for this year. This tactile dysfunctional person is having massive issues. But there was a mess to be cleaned - "Do-Dah-Do" my cleaning powers are coming in handy lately!
           
2. Sent Halloween e-cards to different people at work.
                Who doesn't like getting a card, knowing that someone else was thinking about them?

3. Wrote a "Thank you" card to the church's grounds keeper
           He set up and took down the rows of chairs for yesterdays parade. He is such a nice guy and works extremely hard. The very least that I could do was to give him a thank you card.

4. Wrote a "Happy Birthday" card to another singer from church
               She celebrates her 53rd birthday! She amazes me though, doesn't look past 45! Must be all of that good music, yoga, and walking that she does. I hope that I look like her when I am her age.

5. Picked up trick/treat stuff that another child dropped at a party
            So my son was invited to another Halloween party at a church that one of his friends go to. It is always a nice event because the church provides so much for the kids. Anyway, it was a "Trunk or Treat" type of thing - where you decorate the trunk of your car, park it with the trunk open in a well lit parking lot with a whole bunch of other cars, and let the kids come from car to car. It tends to be a bit safer because it is more manageable than traditional "Trick or Treating." Anyway, I noticed that there was a small 'Elvis' that must have had a hole in his bag because he was leaving a path of candy as he moved along from trunk to trunk. He would have made a better Hansel in my opinion. So, I just simply started to gather up his dropped belongings and put them in another bag. I finally caught up with him and returned his treats with a new bag. His face lit up because he thought I was giving him additional candy than what he thought that he had in his original pouch. I had to explain the story to the mother about the dropped candy. She said that I didn't have to gather and that he really didn't need any more candy. I totally agree with her on that point, looking at my son's stash on the table that will take him to Easter to complete - but still, it is Halloween. Extra candy comes with the holiday and is part of the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment