Saturday, July 2, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 100

1. Watched other children during service
              The regular nursery attendant could make service today, so I just filled in temporary so that the other parents could focus and enjoy the service. The majority of the kids are normally really well behaved. Besides, I'm a teacher, I know how to handle this type of situation.

2. Listen to a student vent about their own school life
             I really needed to get some church things done before leaving the worship building this morning. However, one of the students that I mentor at the church needed talk time more - so I stopped what I was doing and just listened to them. They really didn't ask for advice, but really just needed the vent time. I was glad that I could provide this for them.

Note: If someone needs to talk, completely stop everything that you are doing. Do not text on your phone, keep typing on the computer, have side conversations with someone. Give all of your respect and focus to them. They need and deserve it.

3. Helped a student in working through a problem
          The church tv refused to work. So any other time, I would have simply shrugged and walked away. Like why should teenagers be watching tv at church anyway. Well, this particular student wanted to give a confirmation lesson that involved the tv - so I felt compared to help him. I mean, he was practicing on being a future teacher. This was also another student that I am mentoring.

4. Attended and watched my middle school kids' football game
          Ok, so I will easily tell you that I have limited knowledge of football. So to try to help myself, I read some information about football and asked my students questions. They thought it was great that I knew nothing and wanted to learn - you have to think that I teach in farm land where football is more than just a past time game. Anyway, a couple of the boys asked if I would come and watch at least one game of theirs. So today was the day - and the best thing is that several of the cheerleaders were also my students too!

5. Payed for another parent to enter the football game too
           Covered for the parent that was waiting in line behind me. Easy to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment