Wednesday, July 27, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 126

1. Gave another teacher a some coffee
              This particular teacher is brand new to our school this year - so I must admit that I do not know him very well. However, I have observed that since his daughter was born, he has seemed very tired lately. I remember those days of my son being younger and not sleeping through the night. Feeling fortunately if I got a solid 4 hours of sleep. Ok, maybe I am talking about last week - but still, I know the feeling of being on your feet and needing a pick me up. What else is better than coffee for this circumstance?

2. Cleaned up an art project that was left in the hallway
                  Sometimes you can't put a time limit on creativity - especially when it is student work. So when the bell rang and they were in the middle of their thinking process, it was just easy to help them by cleaning up.

3. Helped a substitute in a nearby room
           This is a wonderful sub that has worked in my school several times the past couple of years. She is very nice and the kids normally respond to her. I have no idea of why the tv and/or dvd player did not want to cooperate today though. So I asked her to watch my class as they were working on a project about popular music, while I tried to situation her technological difficulties. Eventually, I just moved my tv cart over to the other room and reset everything up. It was a stressful 10 minutes, but knowing that I was helping another person was well worth it.

4. Wrote thank you notes to those teachers that helped organized the first school dance
               There is a lot of work that goes into these types of activities that many people don't know about that particular teachers do. Most of the time they get overlooked without a simple thank you. They deserved a lot more than a note, but it is what I could offer them.

5. Danced with my kids at the dance
          I love dancing and my kids know this rather well because I constantly have them on their feet during class. I'm an ok dancer and normally don't mind looking like an idiot - as long as they are dancing and looking like an idiot with me. This particular dance was fun because it was the first 6th grade dance - so there is already a unique nervousness that just can't be expressed with words - maybe Jazz Hands?

No comments:

Post a Comment