Saturday, July 30, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 132

1. Gave custodian her favorite Ice Tea drink
             So there is an evening custodian that many people don't know about. She is relatively knew to our building and since she works evenings is rarely seen - however, she works so hard. I only know her because I am one of the last one's out due to evening concerts & parades. Anyway, she is a great lady that likes this certain flavored ice tea. So when I was at the grocery store the other day, I saw it, thought of her, and bought it with the intentions of giving it to her as a thank you. Mission accomplished.

2. Picked up student study flash cards
               So as I was walking from my Jeep this morning, I noticed there there was a trail of student study science flash cards. Other than a really cool interpretation of "Hansel and Gretel" - I gathered the cards up one by one, dried them off in my classroom, and then gave them to the student's science teacher for her to return.

3. Got special visitor water
               So we had this really cool scientist in the building today - he liked to blow up things with using common stuff, then talked about the scientific applications with the students. I only know somethings about this person because he needed to use the music department's sound system - which I helped him set up prior to his presentation. In the midst of setting things up, he mention that he was thirsty but drank all of his water that he brought. I knew where there was extra and it was just simple common curiosity to get him what he needed. Easy.

4. Restock the toilet paper in female staff bathroom
           Have you ever gone into the stall, did your business, only to then find that there was no toilet paper? This circumstance always reminds me of the 'Seinfeld' show - can you spare a square? I loved this show when I was younger and still enjoy it from time to time. Anyway, I noticed that there was only a little bit left and didn't want the next female staff person to get into a situation - so I just simply became proactive and restock. Easy. Maybe this penny was a little too much information?!?

5. Wrote a 'Thank You' note to the gym teachers
            The science visitor had to use their facility during their class time to do his presentation. I don't know how they felt about their classes being canceled - but I was appreciative that they gave up their time/area for this special event. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment