Monday, July 11, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 121

1. Cleaned up trash in the school hallway
                 Ahhh. It is nice to be home and back to my regular world. I loved the convention, but I also love my regular life. So I spent this morning in my classroom. Yes, I know that it is Sunday, but it was nice to be there when everything was quiet - just to get things back to sorts before tomorrow morning brings the students and regular workday. Anyway, as I entered my quiet school I noticed that there were some bits and pieces accidentally left behind. It was simple to clean up and I was happy to be home.

2. Wrote a note to Administration and Supervisors sincerely thanking them for the Conference
               I have such a wonderful Administration team in my building. They really do support me and constantly encourage me in seeking additional education. Not only do they do this wonderful job in advising my continuous professional development, but my two additional Supervisors are also great in this regard. One in particular really pushed for me to both attend and present - even when my paperwork got lost and I was at first denied. This particular Supervisor is such a wonderful person and I am very grateful for all that he does for me, my school, and the county that I work for.

3. Bought extra gift for a son's friend for their birthday party
             4 year old birthday parties - yeah! Lots of candy and cake. Kids running around. Presents being thrown about. It's a scene very similar to any wild kingdom based show. But what stresses me the most is the other sibling of the birthday child - "Hey, what about me? Am I not important too." I have described my feelings about this topic in a prior email and things haven't changed that much. So I just simply picked something up for the other child and the birthday girl.

4. Returned some abandoned carts to store
                 Simple and easy to do to help the outside help.

5. Helped in cleaning up son's friend's birthday party
                Collecting used paper plates, throwing away used cups, carrying presents to parents car - etc. The small things that helped out the parents so that they can enjoy their daughter's birthday party too.

6. Bought extra food for Veteran's Day activity for son's preschool class
              Not only did it help his teacher and his class, but all of the special activities also benefited the local area Veterans. So this penny was like a "Two for One" act of caring. By the way - please always try to do something for the military - even if it is sending an email-card. Think of little things that you can do in order to make someone else smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment