Saturday, July 30, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 131

1. Gave school librarian German Chocolate as a thank you
              Recently this staff member went to Germany on a trip with her family. When she returned back to school, she had so much information to share. It sounded so wonderful and I was so glad that she shared her experience with us. I just had to give her some German Chocolate to say thank you.

2. Helped custodian moved tables for a special parent visitation day
               Yeah it is Parent Visitation Day at school. I was always worried about this day - ok, I admit it - still get a bit anxious - but it is such a wonderful opportunity to showcase what the students are doing. I am trying to get into the mind-frame that anyone comes into my classroom is very welcomed and an has given me an opportunity to show off the best of each student. Trying is the optimum word. Anyway, I knew that the custodians have been really working hard in making the school "Shine like the top of the Chrysler Building" (I'm an 'Annie' freak!) - so this was something simple that I could do to help them.

3. Helped another student pick up their food & tray from a cafeteria accident
             I've been that klutz before - and still often am. If I don't escape from a week without falling down, knocking over, or dropping something - I count it as a good week. I've gotten sort of use to my own klutziness - but still feel compassion towards others. So as this student was going down and the tray/food splattered the floor, I knew that the look on her face was going to be full of sheer embarrassment. It was. So I simply went over and helped - like it was no big thing - because in reality, it wasn't - by the end of the next day, no one remembered anything.

4. Wrote a 'Thank You' note to the Guidance Counselor for helping me with a student situation
             These ladies are amazing at their jobs. Not only do they listen to and help student needs, but they are always willing to help and listen to big people needs too. Again, they are truly amazing people to work with. A simple 'thank you' just seems too simple sometimes.

5. Wrote 'Thank You' notes to those other staff members who helped with putting together various aspect for the parent visitors today
       The Secretaries, The Custodians, The Student Council Adviser, The PTSA President & members, etc.
              It was a really nice day for our parents to see. Everything was planned so well!

No comments:

Post a Comment