Saturday, September 24, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 193

1. Brought in coffee & snacks for a morning meeting
               So we had a special supervisor meeting on this cold winter's day. The best thing about this day so far is the free coffee. So I tend to arrive early for things - my nervous habit of never liking the thought or action of being late. So while I was the first to arrive, I helped bring in the free coffee and snacks. It was easy to help with this task - I also got first dibs on the coffee.

2. Helped get chairs for other teachers
                Again, being the early bird - I put myself to work. Coffee in - check & taste great! Donuts/other snacks in - check & didn't try. Now onto the chairs. Since there will be a gathering of us, yes I need to get out enough for everyone. No big deal - I like to feel like I am helpful.

3. Gave a grading device to another staff member
              So I was in the workroom the other day copying papers for my next unit for my one set of music classes, when I heard another staff member talk about how she misplaced her grading device. It was the kind that you could slide the numbers of total problems and then the grid would show up with the percentage in relation to how many were incorrect. Cool device. Well, I saw one the other day marked in the clearance section at the store and new who it needed to belong too. So after our meeting this morning, we had time to go back to our school and work in our classroom. This is when I placed the new grading device on the desk of the other staff member. I hope that they can use it :-)

4. Cleaned exercise DVD's for others
              At the last workout, I noticed that the DVD's were a little scratched up and they were beginning to skip while being played. So this past weekend I bought a DVD disc cleaning kit and started to work on these small problems. Yes, it did make a difference. No more skipping - well, except for us staff members who do the Plyo DVD.

5. Bought crayon erasers for another art teacher
            So I just saw these crazy little things and new that the art teacher would love them. She has a who collection of crayon stuff - Crayon thermos, Crayon sandwich protector, Crayon bank, etc. Just something quirky to add to her hobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment