Thursday, September 8, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 185

Happy 6 months of 5 Pennies!

To date I have spent $9.10 - or should I have said that I have earned this amount? Not for sure because many of the pennies are more like gifts to myself. Giving to someone else brings this sense of getting a sense of happiness and fulfillment like nothing else.

1. Cleaned and straighten up desks within another classroom
                So I was getting my morning coffee and as I passed by a classroom I noticed that the desks & chairs were a bit disheveled. The teacher was there yet, so I quickly tidy everything up for her. I know that she really likes having her classroom clean & straighten.

2. Made & brought in potato candy for another teacher
             It was her birthday & this is all that she asked me for as a present. I have a good family recipe for this special candy & I know that she loves this treat. Enjoy!

3. Took back trays to the cafeteria for other teachers
                There was a stack of used trays in the one teacher workroom & I was on my way back to the cafeteria for lunch duty - it was easy to take them along.

4. Gave up my plan time to cover for another teacher's lunch duty
              This particular teacher was working extra to help students get their assignments done before the end of the marking period - that they needed to skip lunch duty in order to put her students first. So, I had my students already caught up - so I volunteer to cover for her. Easy to do.

5. Contacted a baker to personally thank them
               So after school today, I had to pick up cakes that were specially made for a special student ceremony tomorrow at school. They were so well decorated and nice looking, that when I got home I made a phone call to the bakery to personally thank the baker & other workers for all of their hard work. They were just so wonderful. I hope that the students & their families enjoy them tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment