Wednesday, September 7, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 184

1. Moved outside materials out of the way from a parking spot
             So I was parking my Jeep and getting ready to go into church when I noticed that there was a draining pipe that was laying in another parking spot. So I simply picked it up and moved it so that another person can use that area. The good thing about this was that the relieved parking spot was very close to the front doors of the church - so I hope that it was eventually used by an elderly member.

2. Gave my shopping cart to another
             Have you ever went into the grocery store thinking that you are only there to pick up a few items, then after about 5 minutes you realize that either:
            1. The one or too items that are you carrying are extremely heavy & you wish that you would have gotten a cart
            2. What you thought was only 3 or 4 items have now turned into 10 & you wish that you would have gotten a cart
            Either way, you wish that you would have gotten a cart. So as I was about to put some of my groceries into a cart, I noticed this person. She had her arms completely full and was ready to explode at any second. So I turned to her and said to take my cart so that she could finish shopping. You have never seen a more relieved facial expression ever!

3. Put away a cart for an elderly lady
              Old people can be so cute sometimes - and she was one of them. With her little knee highs, 3 sweater jackets, & cute little cane. When I offered to put away her cart, she looked up and simply smiled. That was my thank you.

4. Swept up excess hair at salons
             So I was getting my hair done & noticed that there was a lot of cut hair on the floor - but thankfully it wasn't all mine. Apparently, the sweeper person took the day off and each stylist was responsible for their own work station. My particular stylist was booked all day and didn't have the opportunity yet to go to the bathroom - let alone to sweep up. So after she was finished my hair, I told her to go to the bathroom & I would sweep up. Easy to do to help her.

5. Sent a text to another co-worker about a football team
              So another co-worker really likes this particular football team that recently earned a seat in the Playoffs. I must admit that I know very little about football - but I just wanted to wish him & his team good luck in the future games.

No comments:

Post a Comment