Wednesday, September 14, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 187

1. Swept the snow off of the side walks for an elderly neighbor
                So we had a bit of a storm last night - several inches were accumulated. As much as I like the snow sometimes because of its clean beauty, it does create a problem with everyday living. My one elderly neighbor's son had to be called into work early, so he didn't have time to also stop by her house to shovel - not until later tonight. However, it is city law that snow must be removed from your walk by a certain time. Knowing that due to her health & age, she would not be able to clear her path. I didn't want her to get a fine, so after I was finished mine I did her area too.

2. Wrote "In Sympathy" card for an administrator who lost a family member
                 I really respect this administrator because he is very personable and sincere when he talks to you. Grant it, he is still can be hard as nails - but he is very approachable when you have a problem. Anyway, he has been distracted a little bit lately - I finally asked him if he was ok. He told me what was going on with his extended family. Wanting him to know that I was concerned about him, I gave him an "In Sympathy" card and wrote that I was thinking only good thoughts for him.

3. Wrote "Thank You" notes to other staff members who assisted with the special student ceremony
                Yesterday we had this wonderful ceremony honoring students who showed qualities of good character and academic achievement. There were many staff members that did a lot of behind the scenes work in order to help me pull this wonderful event together. So I bought each of them a nice candy bar with a thank you note. Something simple, just to show how much I appreciate everything that they do.

4. Helped another teacher with some computer problems
               He was having issues in opening up a particular program on his school computer. So I sat with him for about 15 minutes to help him work through these problems in order to get to the information that he needed. Wow, our school computers run really slow sometimes - but we got there.

5. Brought extra food to church's soup kitchen
             It's colder & now more snow is on the ground - they need more food because more people are showing up. Whatever extra I can do to help.

6. Brought extra flavored tea packets for the various church staff
           Again, it's so cold outside and not everyone likes coffee. Just something nice to help others.

No comments:

Post a Comment