Saturday, September 3, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 178

1. Picked up trash in the gym
              So today was our first day back to school after the Winter Break. The school feels so weird right now. The majority of the holiday decorations were taken down moments before the winter break occurred. Now it seems to so bare & vacant. The coldness of January is a visual interpretation of how sparse the classroom & hallways look. January has always felt like the saddest month to me - the excitement is over & the cold, harsh winds settles in a drastic way. Anyway, there were bits & pieces of various holiday decorations that were left in the gym area. So prior to working out, I went around and picked up the strands - just to make things clean & tidy for the gym teachers.

2. Wrote a thank you note to a co-worker for a delayed present
             So I do this fitness program called P90x. It is as tough as nails & really have never been through something so rigorous before - I've classically danced for 15 years of my life. Its a killer program, but so far I have lost around 12 lbs. I am thinner now than what I was in high school :-) So at workout this morning, one of the other people bought all of us special workout shirts that had the P90x label on it. It was really nice of them. The least that I could do was to write a thank you note.

3. Passed along an art article to the art teacher
            I'm addicted to the CNN.com website. I check it often to see what is going on in the world and love the different topics that the home page offers. The health & entertainment sections are my favorite. Anyway, the one article that was posted during the Winter Break discussed the iconic picture of the "Rosie the Riveter" and focused on the woman that the picture was stylized after. Since this was classified as "Pop Art", I thought that the one art teacher could really use this information in her classroom. Or it was at least really interesting information to read about.

4. Complimented a student based on her new hair cut
             It so cute to see the kids after the break. They are wearing their new clothes, shoes, coats, and such. The only problem is that they also bring with them their new electronics too - but this problem will die down by mid February. Anyway, this particular student had really long straight hair prior to the break, but today it is much shorter & stylized. The new haircut really frames her face in such a nice & flattering way.

5. Gave another teacher a VCR tape that featured her favorite actor
              So this other teacher is in love with Leonardo DiCaprio  - I don't see why. I mean, yes he has one of the most coolest actor names right now - but his look doesn't impress me much. Sorry - I wasn't a fan of "Titanic". Did enjoy him in "What's Eating Gilbert Grape?" - but then I am a Johnny Depp fan. Anyway, prior to the break I was given a whole bunch of VCR tapes from a student who decided to clean out their entertainment area. The movie, "The Aviator" was in the pile and knew that this particular teacher would enjoy this special treat immensely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment