Monday, September 5, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 182

1. Brought in cookies for students
                I was out yesterday morning due to a dentist appointment. I hate taking time off from school, I like my kids too much - even the ones that drive me crazy! Anyway, they were working on a final project and the substitute gave a good report on all of my classes. I always worry about my students because so many of them have bad days when there is a change in the schedule - the classes are switched, there is a different routine, there is a different person, etc. So when I heard this good news - I knew that they deserved something special.

2. Let another teacher borrow my favorite fitness DVDs
              So I do a mixture of Turbo & P90x. I mainly do P90x at school with the fitness team and then supplement it with Turbo 3-4x a week (mainly on the weekends). Anyway, there is a teacher who is getting ready for her up coming wedding ceremony. She talked about how she wanted to workout so that she could quickly shed a couple of lbs prior to the formal event. So for the next few weeks I am letting her borrow the Turbo DVDs. I will miss these greatly, but will figure out something extra to do - maybe Zumba?

3. Wrote 'Thank You' notes to the administrators for attending a special student activity
                So I have been working with my students in doing piano recital as their formal assessment of the piano unit. I am trying to make it special for them by having punch & cookies. I have also worked with them in performance skills such as bowing & stance. Presentation skills have has been important since I am asking them to dress nicely & having the boys tuck in their shirts during the recital. Anyway, I invited the administrators to also attend - which they did. I am so blessed to work in a school where my administration is so supportive of the music department. So I had to write a simple thank you to show my appreciation.

4. Picked up trash in the bathroom
            Paper towels belong in the trash can. Easily done & easily cleaned.

5. Helped custodian take out another teacher's trash
             Since it is Friday, I figured that it would be nice to help the custodians so that they can get their work done quicker and start their weekend earlier. Easy to help with clean up & the trash.

No comments:

Post a Comment