Saturday, September 17, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 189

1. Gave my lunch to another staff member
             So he was extremely hungry, forgot his lunch, & had limited amount of money to purchase a lunch from the school cafeteria. I had more than enough between a large sandwich and enough of snacks to feed all of my students. So I gave him 1/2 of my sandwich, an extra bottle of water, & some fruit from my lunch pail. Was happy to share.

2. Wrote a "Thank You" note to another teacher
            This particular teacher is amazing! She not only helps with the student newspaper, but she has recently put together a staff newspaper too! And both documents are so well placed, laid out, and informative. The recent staff paper focused on the music, arts, & physical education teachers & programs. It was so wonderful - I just had to write a thank you note.

3. Helped another student picked up her dropped items
             So she was talking to her friend while exiting the lunch line in the cafeteria and accidentally tripped and dropped her tray. As her food went everywhere, all of the students became completely silent. She sat there for awhile in humiliation. So I simply went over and just started to clean up the split food as her friends helped put her back together - it was a team effort. Later on in the day, I found this same girl and I told her about the most humiliating fall that has ever happened to me. It seemed to help a little.

4. Retrieved lunch for another teacher
             This particular person was in a meeting and already prepaid for a cafe lunch. So it was easy just to go and get the lunch for them, so that they would have it waiting for them after the meeting. I had some extra minutes and it was easy to do to help out another person.

5. Sent a 'thank you' email to another person for an interview
           So the one class that I am taking through our Board of Education, is based on leadership skills. I was recently able to interview another person based on their leadership role through our BOE. Throughout the interview, I really became interested in her job and leadership role. Not only did she give me pertinent information that I need for my class, but also some really great ideas to think about in the future. I just had to say a special thank you through the school's email.

No comments:

Post a Comment