Wednesday, September 21, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 192

1. Wrote a "Thinking of You" card to another member at church
                So I recently got a list of people from the church that I attend - these are people who are in the hospital, needing healing prayers, or are waiting for surgery. There is a particular woman that is a very nice person who has recently missed a couple of services. I just wanted to send her a card in saying that I was thinking of her and hope that she was getting well. Just to brighten her day.

2. Gathered up shopping carts at the grocery store
               I guess these shopping carts didn't want the customers to leave the grocery store - they were starting to gather & block the front door. So I situated them all out into nice straight neat rows. This not only cleared up the doorway, but let other customers get a shopping cart with ease.

3. Bought some peach jelly for step father
              Unfortunately my step father received paperwork earlier today saying that his job was being eliminated by the end of the month. He was really upset by this news because he has been with the same company for over 25 years. So while I was out buying groceries today, I asked my son what he thought that 'Pappy' would like to cheer him up. My son said that he likes special jelly to go on his toast - so peach jelly it was.

4. Held the door for an elderly lady
               Prior to going to the grocery store, I took my son out for a special lunch. I like to do this with him every now & then - and today was a perfect opportunity - we had the day off from school. So while we were leaving the restaurant, I noticed that there was an elderly lady starting to head for the door. I asked my son to hold the first door open, while I then got the second so that the woman would have complete ease going through and into the outside where h er daughter was getting the car ready. Easy to do.

5. Wrote the waiter a 'thank you' note
                  He was very nice towards my son and got him extra whipped cream & sprinkles for his pancakes. Anything special that a service person does should be appreciated & thank properly thanked. This restaurant always have really great service.

No comments:

Post a Comment