Monday, September 5, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 181

1. Wrote a "Sympathy" card to a church member
          There is a nice man from church that I have mention about a few pennies previous to this day whose wife has terminal cancer. Well last night at church I found out that she passed on. The most amazing part of this news was that he was there at church to talk about it, to thank those that have supported him through this tragedy, to give thanks for good memories of his wife, and to be with his church family. Me, I would have been a mess. But at that moment I realized how amazingly strong person he is - he captured all of my respect. So out of respect I wrote him a Sympathy card, just to tell him that I was thinking only good thoughts.

2. Bought flowers for another teacher
            So there is a teacher at school that mainly deals with behavior problems throughout the entire day. She has been wearing down recently and I just wanted to do something nice for her. So after I went to the dentist this morning, I stopped off at the grocery store and pick out some flowers for her. Food may bring happiness to the tummy, but flowers often bring happiness to the heart.

3. Cleaned up coffee area at the supermarket
            Just tidy things up some for others. I love coffee & so do others. Just wanted to keep things clean & presentable. Another plus of having OCD.

4. Bought flavored coffee for another staff member to use
            Sometimes I like regular coffee, but then there are all those flavors. My favorite is either the chocolate/mocha or the french vanilla. However, this other staff member likes a particular brand of Starbucks & the grocery store had it on sale. So Starbucks it is to share with them.

5. Let another person go ahead of me in line
             I was standing there in line at the grocery store ready to approach the U-Scan, but I had a few spare moments. The guy behind me seemed like he was in a hurry so I turned and let him go ahead. At first he didn't know what to do - as if I was joking. I must admit - I have an awkward sense of humor - but I told him no I wasn't joking and wanted him to go ahead. The entire time he was checking out he kept looking at me and then shaking his head. What has happened to society in when someone does something nice for another person that we automatically think that they are joking or being malicious? This penny made me a little sad. However, I'm still glad that I did it - it helped him save a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment