Wednesday, February 1, 2012

5 Pennies - Day 219 Recovered

1. Wrote a 'Get Well' card
            So there is a teacher at my school that recently had a minor surgery done in the past week. I must admit that I have not been the nicest person to this teacher in the past few years, but I am trying to improve on myself by being kinder towards others. If the 5 Pennies have taught me anything, it is this - be kind towards others. Regardless if you like it or not. Regardless if you believe that they deserve it or not. Just be kind. Anyway, I sent her a 'Get Well' card wishing a speedy recovery.

2. Wrote a 'Good Luck' note
             So the orchestra teacher and a few of his students have a special concert coming up this weekend. He has been working for this event the past several weeks and I know that it is going to be nice. It is great that he would take his free time to work additional hours in helping his and other teachers' students. I just wanted to wish him good luck.

3. Wrote some 'Good Job' notes to various staff members
              Wow - we have had a busy week at school recently. I just wanted to show other teachers how much I appreciate the extra time, energy, & focus that they have displayed on various activities.
           - These 'Good Job' notes go to our popcorn making team.
                         There is a group of staff members that for the past day have been making popcorn for a special reward activity for those students that have displayed good behavior.
           - There are two staff members in particular that helped organized a special student/staff Volleyball game for those students again who have displayed good behavior.
               These extra incentives for the students do make a difference & it is all put together normally by the same corp of teachers. They rarely get thanked and often get headaches from the stress of the activities - but I just wanted them to know how much I appreciate all of their hard work.

4. Collected breakfast lunch cards
              I wasn't for sure if the usual staff member was absent or accidentally forgot to collect these items. Anyway, they were laying all scattered about on a cafeteria table. I didn't want them to get lost before needed them the next day. So I just simply collected them together and returned them to the original staff member's mailbox. Easy to do.

5. Bought school supplies & food for shelter bank
            I took these items back to the church to submit in the correct areas. Again, easy to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment