Monday, February 27, 2012

Day 230 Reflection

Grab your mirrors - reflection time!

So at the beginning of my 5 Pennies journey I thought that these acts of kindness had to be big and monumental. Life changing on the 'grande' scale. As much as I tried - I rarely felt that what I was doing really made any difference. A few pennies every so often seemed important, but most seemed of the 'fair' quality. I often scoffed at myself for writing simple notes to others; thank you, congrats, sympathy, etc. Like did these fragments of human appreciation and thoughtfulness really make any difference? I continued on with my 'love notes' because in a way it was just my way of sincerely recognizing someone else in gratefulness and gratitude.

Then I found this beautiful book-
365 Thank Yous: The Year a Simple Act of Daily Gratitude Changed My Life
John Kralik

I'm half way through reading this book, but absolutely love it! I will not spoil the premise of the book, but just say that his outlook on writing notes have made me appreciate my pennies even more - especially the simple ones.

So, here are three very simple thank yous-

Danny - Thank you for inspiring me to take this journey each and every day. I will never forget this experience, what you have taught me, and what I have learned about myself. You are a wonderful educator.

John- Thank you for writing such a wonderful book. Thank you for sharing your personal story with others. Mostly, thank you for reminding me that simple acts of gratitude are very monumental.

My dearest & closest friend - Thank you for always listening...

No comments:

Post a Comment