Sunday, February 12, 2012

5 Pennies - Day 223 Recovered

1. Participated in the Cycle United event
          So I would consider myself fairly fit. I workout everyday, unless I am sick - and I do a variety of programs such as mixing it up between cardio, dance, weights, strength, yoga, etc. Like I've said in earlier penny days - I'm a P90x Turbo gal! So I thought that by doing this event I would have been fine. Wow was I wrong! Although I am glad that I did the 2 hour spinning class that sponsored the United Way, I am so sore from the belly button down. However, I share this soreness with a few other students and staff members that participated in the event too. The coolest thing that I heard after this event was over is that it raised over $40,000! The soreness was worth it :-)

*I saw a shirt the other day that I honestly thought about wearing - "Pain is weakness leaving the body."

2. Got other cycle participants water
              So by the third hour and cycling class, I was done - but I still wanted to contribute. I noticed that some other participants were looking for water, but couldn't leave their cycle to get some. I easily went over to the refreshment station got some water and passed it to those that needed it. Simple thing to do to continue to help others.

3. Wrote a 'Get Well' card
              There is a lovely language teacher that works at my school that has been having some serious problems with blood clots in her legs. I've never had any, but have been told that they are dreadfully painful. Recently, she had a surgery to have these removed so to alleviate her painful situation. She is doing better, but I just wanted to let her know that someone was wishing her a speedy recovery.

4. Gave a pink flamingo to another teacher
            This particular teacher at my school is one of my most unique persons I've ever met. Her sense of clothing style is as colorful as her personality. She is both tough on the students while being completely caring - a true mother to many of the kids at school. Recently she has taken the lead of the special attendance events while the chair person is out on maternity leave. A few days ago she held a special breakfast for those students that have perfect attendance thus far this school year. This is a really good incentive activity for the students, but it does take a lot of planning ahead of time to make things go smoothly. She did a fantastic job in stepping forward to take care of this event for the first time. So when I saw this pink flamingo toy, I thought of her.

5. Shared refreshments to another host
             The church that I attend to every Sunday has two services - 8:30 am & 11:00 am. This morning I was in charge of the 2nd after service refreshments. However, I noticed that after the 1st service the host woman was very flustered because she completely forgot that it was her turn to provide refreshments. She was just so frantic and apologetic - a very humbling experience. I baked and bought plenty of cookies, pastries, and fruit that it was easy to share with her. You have never seen a woman so thankful for assistance.

No comments:

Post a Comment