Monday, February 27, 2012

5 Pennies - Day 229 Recovered

1. Gave another child money for offering
            So my son and I were in church the other day preparing to give money to the offering plate. In my pocket I pulled out $3; kept one for myself for offering and gave one to my son. Therefore, I had $1 left over. I noticed that the friend that my son was sitting with didn't have anything to offer so I simply gave it to him. You should have seen the toothy grin this kid had when he looked at the usher while putting the money in the plate!

2. Wrote a sympathy card to the church secretary
              A few months back she lost her father to a prolonged illness and then a few days ago she lost her mother. She is a really nice lady that does so much for the church in keeping the daily business side running, while making sure that all of the bulletins and such are ready for all of the various weekly services. The least that I could do was to express my sympathy and let her know that I was thinking about her/family during this time.

3. Wrote a congrats note to another teacher
               Sent an email and a personal note to a math teacher who has been working with a group of students after school. The 'math-letes' recently placed first at a county level competition. Knowing how much time and effort an afterschool group takes to practice, I was so happy that he was able to provide this for the students and beyond pleased that they scored so high. The least that I could do was to express my appreciation and congratulate him for all of his efforts.

4. Wrote a Welcome note to a substituting teacher
               In previous pennies I have explained that a current recently had a serious operation and will be recovering for the remainder of the school year. Well, we have recently welcomed a long term substitute to fill in for the year. She is relatively new from college and is taking this opportunity to fully learn how to be a great teacher. The students are really adapting to her and she has quickly learned how to be both tough and compassionate at the same time. More impressively, she likes to work out- which has been a welcome addition to the morning routines :-)

5. Wrote a congrats note to a staff member
             There is a cafeteria worker that has recently made some fantastic academic achievements. Although I do not know much about this staff worker or her accomplishments, I am still very much happy that she is still pursuing higher education. What an inspiration towards our students and the her own kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment