Monday, February 13, 2012

5 Pennies - Day 224 Recovered

1. Gave Homeless Man Food
             So while leaving church yesterday, I noticed that there was a homeless man that was going through the dumpster behind the education building. Wow, to live this type of life is beyond me - I just can't imagine. He was collecting both tin soda cans and reminisce of food.  So in my nice warm Jeep my son and I had our lunch packed - but I just couldn't believe what I was seeing. Soon I got out and went up to the man. He quickly clutched his earthly belongs - which was a small grocery bag of old cans. I extended to him some of my and my son's lunch. I just couldn't idly watch this. I felt bad knowing that I couldn't provide him any more than what I had. I thought about him a lot throughout the day.

2. Bought church extra coloring books
           So at the kids table during the contemporary service, my son has eagerly informed me that the coloring/activity Bible books are just about done. His favorite color by numbers and dot to dot section are finished and there are very little choices left to complete. While I was out yesterday buying him some knick-knacks for Valentines Day, I noticed that the store had these kid church activity books very similar to what he likes. So I bought a few and laid them on the back kid tables for him to do at Wednesday evening service.

3. Gave past Holiday cards to art teacher
           I was cleaning up some piles of bits and pieces around the house this weekend, and found two boxes of unused holiday cards. Yeah a donation to the school's art department!

4. Passed along an art article
            Again, I was browsing the world of CNN.com earlier tonight and found this wild story about fingernail & design. Immediately I thought of the two art teachers within my school and passed along the information. The coolest thing about this article is the pictures of the nails - crazy!!!

http://www.cnn.com/2012/02/10/living/fashion-week-nail-art/index.html?hpt=hp_bn8

5. Bought special pens for another teacher
              There's this really beautiful teacher that assist with students who struggle with math. I'm mean she is absolutely gorgeous and she always looks amazing - head to toe. I really think that she is the most beautiful person that I have ever seen in my life. And she works very hard with the students at school. Lately she has just seemed to losing some of her normal cheerful umph. She has a really tough job and state assessments are quickly approaching. So when I was at the store again yesterday, I noticed this crazy pens that were in the shape of lipstick. I immediately thought of her. Wasn't for sure if she would want them as a silly gift or if she could use them to reward some of her female students. Either - I knew that they belonged to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment