Thursday, February 16, 2012

5 Pennies - Day 225 Recovered

1. Made special Valentine Day treats for various staff members
             Happy Valentine's Day! Ok, I must admit that I don't get much into this holiday and I will also admit that the colors pink/red annoy me during this time of year. Please don't get me started on my feelings towards a baby cupid. I know that there are those 'Grinch(es)' during the Christmas season, but what would I be called if I didn't get into the Valentine's spirit? Anyway as I ponder about this question, I will say that I do love to make deserts and pastries for the staff members at school. So for Valentines day I made chocolate cherry cheese tarts - yes, I need a better name. Everyone loved them and I was happy to supply :-)

                       A. 'Anti Vals' - those who hate Valentines Day
                       B. C3T - Chocolate Cherry Cheese Tarts



2. Returned shopping cart at grocery store
                    Yes, it was trying to escape - but ha,ha! I was able to stop it :-)


3. Got a church service bulletin for others 
                   Sometimes at the Mid-Week church service there is a van that brings the clients and caretakers from a local nursing home to for the fellowship. I haven't seen them for a while, but thought nothing of it because it has been rainy, snowy, and cold - yeah Winter! However, these special visitors were at the service tonight, which was really nice to see them again. As they were settling down during the gathering music, I noticed that none of the care takers had a service bulletin to follow along with the worship. So after I was finishing singing the praise songs, I got a couple extra and handed it to them. Easy to do.

4. Helped a student with an art project
              She was really upset that she didn't get to finished and didn't want to get a bad grade - so after I was finished working with some of the band students that have been preparing music for a Solo and Small Ensemble Festival, I helped her glazed her work. Unfortunately as we worked, the head, right upper leg, and tail fell off. However, we were able to put things back together with some super glue. We shall see if everything turned out ok in the morning.

5. Helped a student with a music test
                There was a student in the discipline room, which in the past I will admit that I haven't always gotten along with. Honest, he is an extremely smart kid and can normally defend his thinking with good arguements - but he just makes the worst decisions in life sometimes. Anyway, another teacher gave him a test to complete about the famous musical, West Side Story. He was easily getting frustrated with it and actually politely asked me for help. So I gave up the majority of my lunch time and sat with him until he finished. He honestly knew the majority of the answers, but just needed the verification that he was thinking the correct way. It was a unique 'teacher/student' connecting moment.

*By the way, I love WSS and if you've never seen it, you're missing out on an aspect of American life!

No comments:

Post a Comment