Tuesday, February 21, 2012

5 Pennies - Day 226 Recovered

1. Helped an elderly lady park her car
            She must have been visiting someone in the neighborhood because she wasn't for sure where to park on my street. Bless her heart she was about 50 yards away from a sign that said "Do not park from here to the corner." She was fretting over if she was too close to the sign. Then when I reassured her that she was ok, she started to worry if she was to close or to far away from the curb. She was a cute and very nice elderly lady - just needed some reassurance :-)

2. Donated money to Animal Shelter
             So I went and got my dog a hair cut this weekend. He looks a lot better and need to do this more often - my & my son's allergies have also subsided. Anyway, while paying for the grooming, the store had a charity event that sponsored the local Animal Shelter. How could I deny donated any money to this? If everyone just shared a little, then there would be a little more to share with everyone.

3. Sanitize shopping carts
             Ok as of now I know of 5 people who have a cold or just getting over one. The crazy weather is not helping things knowing that one day it is warm while then next is back to freezing temperatures. So I figured that after sanitizing my cart, it's just as easy to sanitize 10 more for future customers. OCD :-)

4. Bought items for Lenten Project
              So this Wednesday starts the season of Lent. One of the more interesting church seasons because it carries so many emotions with it. Sorrow knowing the Jesus will end on the cross. Joy because he is taking our sins. Wonderment in how he traveled for 40 days and nights. The world itself seems to react to this season with the changes in light (which Lent actual derives from darkness to light), buds sprouting on trees, and temperature instantly changes, and more. There is so much in way of change that goes on during this time. Anyway, this year's project focuses on collecting school supplies for different tribes in Africa - I'm a teacher and how could I resist in this project. So after service this past Sunday I went to the local office supply store. I rarely go there for these types of materials, but something told me that there was the place that I needed to go. Happily I found out that I could buy 2 for 1 spirals - the kind that was on my list for this project :-) There was a limit of buying 10 spirals, but I text other people from church about the deal.

5. Baked Banana Walnut Bread for my Mother
               She has had a rough week and instead of taking off on Presidents Day, she had a Professional Development day for her teachers. She bought them breakfast, lunch, and an ice cream dessert. She scheduled various workshop speakers so that her teachers could earn training credits and get paid while doing so. All of this and rarely a Thank You was said. So when she came home from work and saw that there was a special treat waiting for her, she felt loved - of course :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment