Sunday, January 1, 2012

5 Pennies - Day 318

1. Helped another teacher bring in refreshments for a student reward activity
            Little did I know that this teacher was starting her pregnancy and didn't tell anyone yet. Later on today she came to me and asked if I knew. I told her - knew what. Then she told me that she was pregnant but really hadn't told anyone and wanted to know why I helped her with the refreshments. I told her that I liked being nice to people. She gave me a funny look and then went the opposite direction. Crazy - right?

2. Complimented a student on her pretty dress
            This student rarely wears any dresses, so she just looked so pretty today. It was cute outside after lunch because I noticed that she noticed some of the boys noticing her. Aaaahhh, spring time in a middle school atmosphere!

3. Cleaned up Auditorium area after a previous nights concert
                   I moved the breakfast table back to the back of the auditorium because the morning attendance person really gets bothered when it is moved for a concert and not put back.

4. Cut out lamination materials for another teacher
                    We have the 8th grade award ceremony coming up in in the matter of days and these items were awards for her 8th grade ELA students. I just wanted to do something nice for her in advance.

6. Brought in newspapers for another teacher
             Its been awhile since I have done this, but still glad to do so.

7. Held the door open for a mom who was trying to carry a small child and dinner at the same time
             Yup, been there and done that. Sometimes with kids you begin to feel like a packed horse or a waitress - trying to carry and balance everything. This is both a literal & metaphorical statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment