Wednesday, January 4, 2012

5 Pennies - Day 209 - Recovered

1. Wrote a fellow teacher an encouraging note
              Another teacher that was really bothered after our morning meeting expressed to me that some of the other teachers on the his team doesn't want to do his idea of the bus dismissal and the gym. It really is a brilliant idea and believe that it could work, but others are set in their ways. Also, he expressed how frustrated he was in that all of the talk a few months ago that he made about not bringing extra work to meetings so that you can be fully attentive has gone by the wayside as others were grading, clipping hangers, and doing other paperwork. I really feel his frustration. So I just wrote him a brief note in saying that I really appreciate his efforts.

2. Wrote a fellow teacher a get well note
             Another teacher who as been fighting a major illness this year wasn't feeling that well today. Her medicine got the best of her. I feel so bad for her, which is definitely something that she would never want to hear. I am also not that close to her - so I don't feel comfortable in asking how she is doing or if she needs anything. So what I did do is take a spare uniform hanger and wrote a note that said "Hang in There." I hope that it brighten her day, even if is just a little.

3. Filled up the copiers with extra paper
              I was copying the music that the 7th/8th students will be performing for Regional Large Ensemble festival. Before I left the copying room, I checked and filled up both copying machines so that they would be ready for other teachers tomorrow morning.

4. Gave my cup of coffee to another teacher
             So I was cleaning up the coffee machine right before 8th grade lunch started. Once I poured out the extra coffee, another teacher came to me and asked if there was any coffee left over. I didn't know that she was back to drinking it. I felt so bad because I just poured it out. Well, prior to pouring it out I did pour me a cup and was heating it up in the microwave at the same time. So I just decided to make things right, I would just give mine to her. It was perfectly fine too. I was eating some left over spaghetti for lunch - so coffee really didn't go with the meal. I felt better then.

5. Bought church attendance person extra tablets
           So I was at the Dollar Store prior to church tonight and notice that they had the particular writing pads that the church attendance person uses. So I picked up a packet of three. Good thing too because she was on her last tablet.

No comments:

Post a Comment