Monday, January 2, 2012

5 Pennies - Day 319

1. Wrote a "Thank You" note to a teacher that helped me with important paperwork 
              So I recently was accepted to present twice at an important teacher conference next November. The biggest problem with this activity for me isn't the actual presentation, it is all of the logistical details - filling out paperwork for the trip, requesting money from the board of education to sponsor me on the trip, making flight plans & hotel reservations, etc. Luckily another teacher from my school was also accepted in presenting too. So we did our paperwork together. He was so helpful and knew who to ask questions & how to ask the questions. I'm so very grateful for all of his assistance - the least I could do was to write a thank you note.

2. Wrote  "Nice Job" note to another teacher who put together a special science activity
            The one science teacher had her students figure out how to make their own miniature hot air balloons. I was amazed at how much the kids learned, could speak about their project so intelligently, and how much joy this was bringing to their lives. Science was not my favorite subject in school - far from it. So to see my students enjoying their work so much, it was really great to see. I just had to write a nice job note to this particular teacher.

3. Gave an extra ink cartridge to another teacher
           Another teacher in my music department was out of ink and really needed to print off things for her up coming concerts. I had an extra ink cartridge that I knew that I wasn't going to use. Most importantly, it really did need to be used up - sometimes when ink sits around they start to leak. So I gave it to her - simple.

4. Gave money to an animal shelter activity
          Ok, as much as I complain about having a dog - I really must admit that I do like the furry substance. And yes, I am even working on loving the creature. He brings so much joy to my son - even when they are wrestling over toys. So yes, I'm a sucker when it comes to giving to animal shelters. This was something else easy to do today.

5. Picked up trash in the cafe after lunch
             If everyone helped with the trash after lunch - it would be much easier to keep clean. Besides, it is everyone's responsibility to keep our school clean - a part of being respectful and responsible.

No comments:

Post a Comment