Friday, January 6, 2012

5 Pennies - Day 211 - Recovered

Day 220 - Recovered

1. Gave $ to a staff member to help out with a family that recently lost their house to a fire.
             I don't have this student, but still wanted to contribute something.

2. Wrote a note & gave cookies to another staff member 
           Just to celebrate her birthday day. FYI - it was Chocolate Chip cookies. Who doesn't like CC cookies?

3. Wrote a congrats note to another staff member
             The Technology Education teacher had an article published in the BOE online news letter. It was really well written and picture of her is really nice too. I just wanted to say congrats again. She talked about collaboration ideas and how she really wants to connect with her kids. I still say that she is the strongest teacher at my school. 

4. Helped a parent gather work for her sick child
            One of my trombonist has been extremely sick all week. I gave her the All County information, but told her that he didn't need to worry about that yet. That he needed to get himself well, get caught up on his academics, and then I will help him with the music. He has had the stomach flu for about 5 days. Poor kid! Yuck! However, one of the grossest sick kid episode was when a kid threw up in his bass clarinet - absolutely revolting.

5. Talked to another student at lunch time
           He was sitting by himself while the rest of the students that sit at his table went outside for recess. I felt bad for him, just watching him sit there. So I sat down beside him and tried to start up some conversations. This was extremely tough. We were both very quiet. We were watching the announcement screen under the clock in the cafe when he turned and told me that he didn't know any of the students that were being listed on the announcements. I know that he was new at the beginning of the year, but doesn't seem to still not have any friends and its been close to 5 months. Ok, my goal by the end of the year is for him to have made at least one friend. We'll see how this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment