Saturday, December 31, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 317

1. Brought in breakfast for guidance department
            They really did a nice job with the 5th grade orientation from earlier this week. They have been working really hard lately on various projects- 5th grade orientation, 8th grade transition, state wide assessments, etc. I just wanted to let them know how much I appreciate all the work that they do. By the way, the breakfast was Blueberry Scones

2. Wrote "Thank you" notes to other staff members
                And included a piece of candy with each - just to say thank you for providing this extra opportunities for the students.                
                The art teacher for a field trip to the local museum
                The 7th grade team leader for planning a behavioral based field trip
                 The two social studies teachers for a Civil War Assembly

3. Watched students for another teacher as she attended the field trip
                The bus was running late back from the art field trip, so I just housed her kids that couldn't go on the field trip with my regular general music class. No big deal & it was easy to do.

4. Complimented another teachers outfit
                I really liked her shirt today. It was a bit outside her box - but it was really nice. Its always a risk when you buy new clothes, especially when they are not your normal type. I rarely get any clothes outside my box - which is solid one color with limited decorations. I do have a few shirts that have some stripes :-)

5. Wrote a "Good Luck" note to the orchestra teacher for tonight's concert & attended.
              The kids really did a nice and I was pleased with their performance. There was a guest violinist that performed with the kids. Such a great idea and the exposure for the students to have this opportunity. I should look into this for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment