Sunday, January 8, 2012

5 Pennies - Day 212 - Recovered

1. Sent a 'Good Luck' note to another teacher from school
               Well, it was actually a text message because we weren't in school today (weekend), but nonetheless it was to wish him luck today. He received the opportunity to present a speech and lead a discussion about the topic of athletic recruitment to College at a professional Baseball Camp. He is really smart in this area and really cares about the 'kids' that he works with. In fact, several of his 'kids' are drafted by several high quality colleges and even the Major League. He was talking to me about it prior to the end of the day on Friday - so I just wanted to wish him luck today.

2. Brought in items for church's mission project
                Not only am I collecting school supply items at my own school, but I am also doing this at the church that I go to. Both projects are in desperate need of scissors. Who would have imagine? I am always running out of paper & pencils in my classroom. Anyway, I bought 6 scissors for this church project. What was the saying, "Cut, It, Out?" Thanks Dave!

3. Complimented another lady on her hair cut
                  This was actually a former student that I mentored at church throughout her high school and college years. This is her first year at a full time teacher and is hanging in there. The new hair cut was something different and very pretty looking. As I talked to her about it, she said yeah I needed something more simpler to teach in. I thought that this was a cute answer - I remembered saying the same thing when I first started teaching.

4. Helped the grocery worker move carts
                 He was trying to push a long line of them into the store, but there some other customer abandoned her cart right at the door way - thus blocking his movement. I just simply went over and moved the cart out of his way so that he could continue on with his work. Easy to do.

5. Helped mother with her work
                    Her office manager recently quit on her and the paperwork has started to build up. My mother is also taking a continuing education class in which her project is due this week. So in order to give her time to work on her project, I did the regular paperwork that needed to be done - organizing, stapling, filing, filling out forms, etc. Thus we were able to take care of 2 things at the same time. If I wasn't so in love with teaching, I think that I would make a really good office manager/secretary.

No comments:

Post a Comment