Sunday, January 15, 2012

5 Pennies - Day 215 Recovered

1. Took supplies to church for their mission project
                I talked to the woman who is in charge of youth service projects at church about how we are doing the school supplies activity in a few weeks and she loved it! So she is having the church collect for a local elementary school. This is great news so that more students can learn better with the proper tools. The only problem that I foresee is that I need to sponsor both activities. So today I bought more scissors for both church & school :-)

2. Bought Hot Chocolate & snacks for a local homeless man
                 So I was driving towards a local supermarket and noticed that there was a homeless man on the corner leading into the parking lot. It was so cold outside that I immediately knew what to get him. So I made a brief detour from the travels of the supermarket to go to the convenience store and buy some things for him. Then after this shopping trip I pulled over towards where he was standing and gave him a cup of Hot Chocolate and 2 king size packs of peanut butter crackers. You would have never seen a man so thrilled with so little.

3. Took shopping cart back to the supermarket for another person
             It was easy to do - I was headed in anyway.

4. Bought women's study group a snack
               At the church there is a group of women that meet every Sunday night to talk about the importance of Females within the Bible and religious activities. So I bought them a healthy snack to enjoy at their meeting tonight.

5. Helped pay for another person's groceries
                So I was at the check out station ready to pay for my groceries when the person in front of me was finishing up. Unfortunately, his debit card was refusing to work and he only had so much cash on him. Even though he was owing 75 cents, he couldn't leave the register station with his food. Panic instantly came onto his face. I dug into my coat pocket and fished for the change. It was easy to do. Never a man was so thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment