Friday, January 13, 2012

5 Pennies - Day 214 - Recovered

1. Helped another student copy paperwork for another teacher
               I was using the copier to work on the Spring Concert music for the kids and a student came into the teacher work room. Knowing that I was going to take forever and a day - I paused on my work and helped him make his for his teacher. Then afterwards, finished some of my work. It was just a 2 minute detour, but it saved the other teacher several teaching minutes.

2. Helped chaperoned the student dance
              6th grade dance was today after school. It is so funny to watch them because there is very little dancing involved. A lot of running around, jumping up and down, loud music, and standing about. I just stood around and watch - just to make sure that everyone was safe.

3. Wrote 'Great Job' notes to other teachers-
               The teacher supervisors did a really nice job in putting together a wonderful event for the kids this afternoon. I know how hard it is to put together a performance - so kudos to them! Also included a piece of candy with the note.

4. Laminated and cut out an art project for another teacher-
               So while I was copying my Spring Concert music this evening, I noticed that some art cubes that needed to be laminated. So I decided to multi-task and get both jobs done at the same time. Well, my OCD mind couldn't stop there. So after I was finished laminating them, I cut them out and delivered them to her classroom. She was already gone from the day, but she'll get them on Tuesday morning.

5. Cleaned up the coffee area at a store
                So on my way home from school after the dances, I stopped off. I needed just a quick pick me up to get myself home - so just a simple cup of coffee would do. The one clerk was rushing around to refill & brew new pots of coffee. She accidentally spilled some used beans, but then was called over to the cashier area before she had a chance to clean it up. Oddly enough, 3 other customers stepped around the mess. So I just grabbed some napkins, scooped things up, and wiped things down. Again, my OCD comes into play to save the day :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment