Tuesday, January 10, 2012

5 Pennies - Day 213 - Recovered

1. Brought in homemade scones for various staff members
                      So I have found a new interest in baking. Using your hands to cook can be a real stress release activity. Anyway, I don't eat much in regards to sweets and such - so I decided to take the homemade scones that I made this weekend into school to share with others. Good thing too. One teacher was hosting a special student ceremony, another teacher was remembering the passing of his parents, the secretaries have been working very hard at various parental needs, and my best friend just returned back from a trip. Comfort food for all.

2. Shared my lunch with another teacher
                       He noticed that I was eating a homemade turkey sandwich - with real turkey. I wasn't going to eat it all - so I gave him half. I had grapes to eat too.

3. Nominated a teacher for a special reward
                      This particular teacher really deserved it. He does so many special things throughout the school day - but what he does outside of school is amazing too. I just want others to see how wonderful he is. This nomination really meant a lot to him and I was glad to be apart of it. We talked a little about this earlier today. He said that it really was a special thing. He also told me that he was having a rough day due to some past personal family problems - but that this nomination really made him feel special.

4. Wrote thank you notes to other teachers
                        So I needed to move my afternoon classes to different locations today due to a special student ceremony being held in my regular teaching area. Three teachers were very kind in letting me borrow their space so that I could still conduct class as regularly as I could. So the best thing that I knew how to do was to write each of them a personal thank you note with an attached piece of candy.

5. Helped another parent put away their child's swimming items
                My son was about to go for his swimming lesson tonight as I noticed another parent trying to pacify their 4 year old daughter who was getting out of the pool, as well as, carry the 6 month old son & cargo. I remember those days when it didn't seem that I had enough of hands to keep my son and myself together and moving. So I just easily stepped in and helped the daughter put away her swimming devices so that left the mother to handle the baby. She was thankful for the extra help & and I was happy to give.

No comments:

Post a Comment