Saturday, January 21, 2012

5 Pennies - Day 217 Recovered

1. Gave extra desserts to a school faculty social party
            I couldn't go to the party, but still wanted to contribute towards the event. So I gave the head of the faculty social committee two pies towards the activity for others to enjoy. I wish that I had time to bake something, but the nights this week have been very busy. However, the pies that I bought did look very good. FYI - Apple Crumb & Reduced Sugar Cherry

2. Gave the mail carrier brownies
             It snowed some this morning & its pure cold outside. I just wanted to treat them to something nice since they have to work on a Saturday and during this yucky winter day. One of my favorite lines that I heard recently comes from the Charlie Brown series character of Sally - "I'm not built for Winter." Yes, I agree!

3. Sent a "Condolence" card
           So one of the nicest lunch ladies had a daughter that recently passed away a few days ago. The daughter had been sick for awhile, but still the pain of it all really upset this woman. Anyway, I just wanted to contribute some money that another staff member collected and personally write a condolence card. My son wanted to help too, so he colored a picture for her as well. I'm trying to raise a good boy.

4. Wrote a "Good Job" note to another teacher
           So we have a teacher at school that is fighting a really bad illness. She is a beloved teacher to the faculty and students at the school. Throughout this entire journey, she has shown great bravery and strength. So her partner teacher wanted to do something nice for her when she returns back to school this up coming week. He has been organizing the entire student body and faculty members to design special get well cards and decorating her teaching area. Such a brilliant and heart engaging idea. I just had to say good job and gave him a special eraser.

5. Designed a card
             Yes, I was so moved by his act of kindness that I designed a card for his get well project for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment