Sunday, October 30, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 206

1. Made & brought in low-fat Banana bread
             I just wanted to treat the other members of the fitness group with a healthy morning breakfast alternative. I found a great recipe on a website that takes classic food items and rearranges the ingredients to be healthier. I tried the directions out and made some really good bread. So I repeated the cooking and made some extra for the other fitness members. They have been working really hard. Enjoy!

2. Bought special coffee for another teacher
             I normally buy the regular kind of coffee, but today I felt like being adventurous and buy some flavored - French Vanilla. I must admit that it was really good. I hope that the other teacher enjoyed it as much as I.

3. Wrote a 'Nice Job' note to another music teacher
               He has spent a lot of time with his music students in working on an extra community concert. I just wanted to let him know that I really appreciate all of the extra time that he has given to his students & his music program to make this event really nice.

4. Left another car pull ahead of me
               I was about to pull into the gas station when I noticed that there was another car across from me needing to buy gas as well. So I flagged them over and let them go ahead of me. It wasn't a problem at all because I had some extra time. Besides, there was still enough of gas for my jeep afterwards.

5. Gave an article to use in the classroom to another teacher
             There was this really cool article about a WWII painting and the model that posed for it. I have heard the art teacher comment about it when she discusses her 'Pop Art' unit. Then while I was looking around on cnn.com - there was this brilliant article. After reading it, I printed it out and this morning put it in the art teacher's school mailbox. I hope that this is helpful for her to use in the classroom - or at least interesting to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment