Monday, October 10, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 200 - Recap

So my 200th day of 5 Pennies is near. And so far my 'pocket change' is equating to $10! Cool huh?

Anyway, what I have learned thus far in this project is it is all about connecting with someone. Not so much of playing the game 'Connect 4', but more like 'Connect the Dots.' In order to understand someone, you have to actively listen and observe them - then you can help them. Even as something as simple as a note to cheer them up or more complex as supplying food for their soul - you can help them if you make the connection.

So when I was in college for my Undergraduate degree in teaching, there was this seminary that every Freshman had to go to. We in the music department nicked-named it "Mating, Dating, & Relating." So these 5 Pennies has nothing to do with the 'mating' aspect, but maybe has a little more to do with the 'dating' aspect. But really - it is all about the 'relating' aspect. Getting to know someone, learning what they need, and then providing it for them - the best way you know how.

I have been frustrated the past couple of days. I haven't seen the ripple effect in which is something that I was really looking forward to. However, I need to keep in mind that this project isn't about others and what they are going to do. It is about me and how I am relating/connecting to others.

So on this note, I will leave this post with one of my favorite 'Pee Wee Herman's songs:
Connect the dots, La-La-La-La

No comments:

Post a Comment