Monday, October 3, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 197

1. Wrote a "Get Well" card to another teacher
             She recently had a minor surgery, but I still wanted to send her some good thoughts and let her know that I was thinking about her. So a simple card was it - I hope that it brought at least a simple smile.

2. Wrote a "Thinking of You" card to a shut in from church
           There is this wonderful elderly lady that use to attend church, but recently her age & health have started to overcome her. This makes me sad because I am so used to seeing her face at service & I know how much she enjoyed it. So I decided to write her a simple card, letting her know that I was thinking about her.

3. Returned shopping basket for another customer
             I needed a basket what I was picking up a few groceries and this customer was finished with theirs. So it was like a win-win type of thing. Saved them a few moments & gave me the supply that I needed.

4. Bought items for son's preschool class
             So this next week my son's preschool class will be focusing on the letter "P". I really believe that this is every young boy's favorite letter because of the gross words that start with it, which my son is currently hypnotized with saying. Anyway, I bought a couple of snacks & different types of pencils for him to share with the friends in his class.

5. Personally thanked a grocery clerk
           He was cleaning up the check out area and noticed that I was having difficulty in scanning my groceries and keeping up with the bagging. So he stopped what he was doing and immediately hopped over to me to help - so that I could focus on just one task. A really nice & good worker. When I was done and was about to leave, I looked at him, shook his hand, called him by name, and personally thanked him. It was a nice respectful moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment