Sunday, October 16, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 200

Happy 200 Pennies!

1. Wrote and encouraging note to a student
           I have this wonderful percussion student - really brilliant and just an overall nice kid. Anyway, I have started to notice that he has not seemed himself by being a little on edge with his talk & his actions. I talked to his mother a little yesterday about it because I knew that something was different. Again, he's a great kid - so something isn't right. She told me that he was starting to feel really stressed out with his academic work and his sports activity. So today I wrote a note of encouragement and slid it into his locker - quickly before he came to school. Just something simple to tell him to keep up the good work and that everything will be ok.

2. Scrubbed all the tables in the cafeteria
           They just needed it - especially with all of the winter sickness going around. I wanted to make sure that our school looks its best and that the students had a clean place to eat. Where my OCD is welcomed - cleanliness = happiness :-)

3. Picked up books that another student dropped
             Bless her heart - she was trying to carry her academic books, while balencing a clarinet, while heading towards the art area with extra supplies. A tiny girl with gifted talent - unfortunately balencing is not one of them. So as her arms caved in and all of her belongings exploded in front of her, I went and helped her pick everything up. Isn't that what we all need in life sometimes? When our burden becomes too heavy - someone to come over and pick up the pieces - putting our puzzle back together. Well, her puzzle is this is beautiful collage of colors, shapes, & texture.

4. Gathered up baskets at the grocery store
            After gathering them up at the check out area, I placed them at the entrance of the store for future customers. Easy to do.

5. Placed articles in staff mailboxes for different people based on their interests
            So there is this teacher at my school that loves comic book super heros - ok, there are two that have this same interest. Anyway, there was this really great article that was recently posted on cnn.com about a poll of top 10 superheros - ranking them acordingly to their strength, vigilence, and knowledge. An article that I knew that they would throughly enjoy!
             Then I also read another article on cnn.com about how parents can start to prepare their child for kindergarten. This article had a lot of helpful hints for me as I am starting to prepare my son for next fall. I know of another teacher at my school that is in the same boat. So I printed out the article and placed it in her mailbox. I hope that the information is as helpful to her as it was for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment