Sunday, October 30, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 205

1. Brought flowers to a church member
              It was her birthday yesterday :-) She does so many wonderful things within the church for so many of the different people - I just wanted her to have a great day and show my appreciation. Something about flowers that's great to get on your birthday.

2. Brought food to homeless shelter
              Just making sure that they are stocked up for this up coming week with some basic items. I read an article in the local newspaper that more and more families are depending on the local area's soup kitchens for dinner lately. I am a very fortunate person. I have a nice home, good family, warm clothes, and food available. By providing food for others, in a way it shows my appreciation to God for providing me with so many things in life - I must remember to never take this for granted.

3. Wrote a 'Thank You' note to church groundskeeper
               He has been working over time to make sure the the walk ways are clear, that clean door mats are available, that left over salt is swept up, the the parking lot is shoveled for service, and more. I just wanted to express my appreciation for the extra care that he has been showing to the church grounds and the parishioners.

4. Wrote a 'Good Luck' email/note to Volleyball coach & students
             Several of my music students play on the middle school's volleyball team. They have an important tournament this weekend and made it to the finals which are being held today. I wish that I could attend, but the location is further away than what I can drive with my son. So instead I sent the Volleyball coach (another teacher at school) an email wishing her & the students good luck today within the final rounds of the tournament. Set, Bump, Spike, Serve!

5. Picked up trash in parking lot
             So I took my son out to a special lunch after morning church today. He has been really sick lately; this has been a rare occasion for him to feel fairly well - so I thought about celebrating this small life wonderfulness. Anyway, he has a haircut appointment later on today - so things just seemed to line up better to leave church, go have a special restaurant lunch, and then go to the haircut appointment. While walking into the restaurant, I noticed that there were some pieces of trash in the parking lot. I simply went over and gathered a few of the items together. The best thing is that my son automatically did the same thing too!

No comments:

Post a Comment