Sunday, October 9, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 199

1. Checked in on another teacher's substitute
            So I substitute taught while I was in college working on my Undergraduate Teaching degree. This by far is a hard job to do because you don't know anyone and you don't know the regular routine - even if the teacher leaves the best laid plans for you - there is still apprehension. So when I notice that there is a substitute teacher for another teacher nearby my classroom, I always go introduce myself and make sure that they have everything that they need. Just common courtesy to make the sub at ease. Good thing I did this too, she was out of coloring sheets and I was able to copy some for her prior to class beginning.

2. Wrote an "In Sympathy" card to a member from church
            Just something simple to do to show that I cared about this member and their family.

3. Found and washed a coffee to go cup
            So I noticed this really nice coffee to go cup in the teacher's lounge. It looked fairly new and I've never seen it before at school. I noticed the name that was written on it and knew that it didn't belong to any of my coworkers, so it must have belonged to a substitute that was in today. So I washed and dried it and returned it to the front office. As I was writing a post-it-note explaining this lost, but found coffee-to-go cup, the phone rang. It was actually the sub calling to see if anyone found her cup. I guess it is the 'right place at the right time' type of thing.

4. Bought extra snacks for students
                I have a group of students that have been working really hard on an extra concert that is approaching this weekend. I just wanted to get them an extra snack to show them how much I appreciate all of the extra time and effort that they have been putting into to this extra concert. They are truly wonderful kids to work with!

5. Covered for another teacher during lunch duty
                 They needed to leave un-expectantly to pick up their sick child - so I had so extra time and just decided to cover for them during lunch duty. I hate when my kid is sick and am always looking for any extra help at work - I knew that this would help with one problem. It was easy to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment