Sunday, October 23, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 204

1. Went to student basketball game to show support
               So it is basketball season in my school for both girls and boys. Today I took my son to watch a boys game at another school. The best thing about the team is that all of the players I also have in the classroom. They all did an amazing job and I was highly impressed with their athleticism and sportsmanship. I will say that I do have an annoying habit when I go to games, shows, recitals, competitions, etc. The people around me begin to get iritated because I'll continuously talk to my son about the kids that I teach. Like - oh, there's 52, mommy teaches him, his name is Joe and plays the trumpet. My son has begun to accept this habit and once we get situated and seated at an event he immediately starts asking about which kids I teach. I know that each of my students have families of their own, but I like to think that I am apart of their school life family - there to show support within and outside of the classroom.

2. Sanitize shopping carts
                With the wipes that are provided at the front of the grocery store entrance, it is easy to do a couple more than just your own - help clean up germs for future people.

3. Personally thanked cashier & assistant by name
           Remember to treat these people with kindness - all jobs are useful, meaningful, and important in society. These people have hard jobs because they are constantly dealing with customers - more that are unhappy than satisfied. Look them in the eye & say hello, thank you, and call them by name - it's a simple act of respect.

4. Bought boxes of tissues for son's classroom
             Tis the season of sneezes. Can a classroom of preschool kids ever have too many boxes of tissues? With my classroom of middle school kids, the answer to this question would be an obvious NO! Anyway, the teacher works on limited pay with limited funding, so while I bought my classroom a pack - I bought another pack for her too.

5. Picked up knocked over boxes at entrance of doorway
             The clerk was changing some of the items around at the front of the grocery store - displaying the new sales and such. Although the view was interesting, the left over boxes were making a run for it by trying to baracade the doorway. He was there trying to clean everything up by himself as quick as possible so that the other customers could leave. I just simply parked my cart and helped him move things out of everyone elses way - it was easy to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment