Saturday, October 22, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 203

1. Gave special treats to those students who won the school's Spelling Bee
             I'm an ok speller - not fantastic, but proficient enough to make sense in life. However, these kids were amazing at school this morning. Words that I've never heard before they were rattling off like it was common knowledge. The 6th & 7th grade student that won for their grade, well I'm proud to say that they are my band students - & really smart too. The 8th grade student that won for her grade is a chorus student, but I also have her in my regular music class. This particular girl is pure amazing. She has so many talents, especially being so gifted in art. But her real talent is how she wants to help people and change the world. She's pure enchanting. So I felt that a little treat to show how proud of them I was, was easy to do.

*And yes, I love watching the National Spelling Bee hosted in Washington DC every spring.

2. Wrote a "Welcome Back" note to another staff member
            Yeah, she's back! This particular staff member has been out for a while due to a serious injury that had to be taken care of by a surgery. Its nice to have her back 'home'.

3. Wrote a "Thank You" note to another teacher
             I've always wanted a 'smart board' to use in my classroom. Its a great piece of technology equipment that is really easy to use in the classroom and that the kids respond really well too. But being an 'Arts' teacher, we are often overlooked for having advanced technological equipment within our classroom. Now I am currently working off of my personal laptop & a LCD projector. However, I received some great news this afternoon. The Technology teacher in my building is getting a new 'Smart Board' from her supervisor and wants to give me her older one. Yes! The least that I could do was to write a thank you note.

4. Wrote a 'Good Luck' note to another student
             This is my private flute student that has a really important audition tomorrow. She is applying to a private Music & Arts High School on her instrument. We have worked a lot on her music throughout this year, as well as, scales & basic music theory. She is going to do well tomorrow - she's ready for this. She wants to get in really badly so that she can go to college and be a music teacher - how cool?!? Unfortunately, I can't be there for her audition - so it was only natural to write her a good luck note.

5. Made brownies for the custodians
             They have been really working overtime in the morning in keeping the sidewalks clear and safe for everyone from the winter weather. Just a simple show of appreciation.

No comments:

Post a Comment