Monday, October 17, 2011

5 Pennies - Day 202

1. Made stepfather coffee
          He was really nice towards my mother this morning. The snow was heavy, deep, & abundant. He was really worried about my mom getting to work - so he drove her. While he was there he also shovel/plowed out her business too. I thought that since he was so nice towards her, I would return the favor. So when he returned home from the battle of the elements, a nice warm pot of fresh coffee was waiting for him.

2. Made brownies for the new neighbors
            So across the street, new neighbors moved in just a few days ago - right before the newest snowfall came. My son and I had a day off from school, so we made them brownies & included a welcome note. Just something nice to do for them to say hello & welcome

3. Made brownies for the postal carrier
            What is the mail service motto? Through sun, rain, sleet, & snow. I felt sorry & guilty for our carrier since he had to be in this horrible winter weather, while my son and I enjoyed the warmth from the inside. So we made extra brownies for him & included a thank you note for doing such a good job despite the weather conditions.

4. Sent an 'e-card' to other teacher colleagues
             I just wanted to wish them a 'Happy Snow Day!'

5. Helped clean off & dig out neighbor's car
             My son and I were outside playing in the snow. So I must admit that after building a snowman, my son honestly believes that shoveling is a part of 'playing' in the snow. Ok, I know that in some weird way it is wrong of me to let my son believe that shoveling = snow fun! However, he loves it. He actually loves helping me & others out - which I love him for. Anyway, we were going over our own sidewalk again to make things cleaner and noticed that our neighbor down the street needed some extra help with his car. So we went down to help him. The neighbor did the roof, I did the hood, & my son took care of the lights & wheels. Soon we got the car cleaned, then out & running - together.

No comments:

Post a Comment